Count On Our Team to Protect Your Interests
Modesto Personal Injury Attorney
Call Now for a Free Consultation:
Being hurt in an accident can throw your life into chaos. Unfortunately, responsibilities like your bills and expenses continue even if you have been seriously injured. You may be unable to return to work, resulting in a loss of wages and benefits and causing your employer to become frustrated. Furthermore, your loved ones, family and friends plan and hope for your swift recovery, which can cause tension within close relationships.
With so much on the line, a person can easily feel overwhelmed.
At Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger, our Modesto personal injury lawyers believe no one should have to suffer because of the negligence of someone else. People injured in accidents due to the negligence of others have a right to seek justice.
- Experience. Our team of Modesto personal injury attorneys have years of legal experience in helping our clients strengthen their claims and mitigate risks.
- Communication. When you retain our personal injury law firm, you will be able to reach us anytime you need us.
- Resources. Our law firm uses a team of professionals to gather evidence, analyze medical reports, and mitigate risk.
- Results. By providing personalized service, our attorneys are able to build stronger personal injury case plans that offer our clients better chances of securing a favorable outcome.
Our goal is to leave you feeling comfortable and confident in calling a Modesto personal injury lawyer at our firm as your legal representation.
A personal injury lawsuit involves pursuing compensation from another person or entity that you believe negligently contributed to your accident. For example, if a driver runs a red light turning onto I-132 and crashes into your vehicle, then you likely have a basis for a personal injury lawsuit.
A Modesto personal injury lawyer from our firm can work with a team of legal professionals to gather evidence and provide legal support. Part of that support is following and upholding California personal injury law guidelines involving:
- Negligence: California’s shared “at fault laws” enable another party to claim that you are partially or completely to blame for your accident. Since this is the case, the amount of compensation you can be entitled to can be reduced. Furthermore, emerging technology like a self-driving car is changing the landscape of negligence. For example, the University of Michigan began reporting on at fault autonomous cars in 2015. For these and other reasons, it is highly recommended that you contact our personal injury lawyers in Modesto who can bolster your injury claim.
- Statute of Limitations: A statute of limitations is a defined amount of time a person has to file a personal injury lawsuit. According to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, you have two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit (as of 2018). However, if your personal injury claim is against a California public entity, there is a six-month deadline to file your claim. For most medical malpractice claims, you have one year to file your claim.
If you have been injured, then you now likely face unique and potentially life-altering challenges. For instance, you may have compounding medical bills piling up but are losing wages due to not being able to work. A personal injury attorney in Modesto can help you file an injury claim that seeks compensation to recover past, present and future damages related to your accident. If you receive a favorable settlement, you can use these funds to pay for the damages you have or will incur as a result of your injury.
Unfortunately, the alleged negligent parties listed in your personal injury claim can challenge these amounts. For example, the opposing party’s insurance adjuster might offer you a less than desirable settlement after a car accident. More often than not, insurance companies will try to undermine your claim. Ultimately, it is an adjuster’s job to make sure you get the lowest compensation possible.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Any Modesto personal injury attorney at our firm is prepared to help you with your claim against any person or entity.
Our lawyers have years of combined experience representing people in personal injury claims involving:
- Elder Abuse: Not every health care professional, hospice provider or family member practices good ethics or good care practices. Seniors in long-term care facilities often face both physical and financial abuse at their most vulnerable time.
- Product Defects: A defective product can cause serious injury or property damage. Common claims involve kitchen appliances and lead-based products.
- Catastrophic Injuries: These injuries can include traumatic brain injury (TBI), paralysis, spinal cord injury, and catastrophic injuries.
- Wrongful Death: It is hard to imagine something more traumatic than losing a loved one due to the negligence of someone else. Our Modesto personal injury lawyer can help you through the wrongful death claim process with compassion and care during such a difficult time.
- Workplace Accidents: You expect your employer to provide a safe workplace. It is the law, after all. Nonetheless, workplace injuries can happen. With a team of professionals, we can gather evidence and examine reports to build a strong personal injury claim for employees injured at work.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: If you slipped or tripped and fell due to a dangerous condition on someone else's property, then you may have grounds for a personal injury claim. Our Modesto slip and fall accidents attorneys handle premises liability claims throughout the Bay Area.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car crashes, motorcycle accidents, 18-wheeler crashes, and other motor vehicle wrecks can be traumatic for multiple parties. Our Modesto personal injury attorney can highlight evidence that supports your claim.
Have you been hurt in a car accident? Has a faulty product contributed to your personal injury? Do you need help identifying if a party contributed to the wrongful death of a loved one? Navigating personal injury law can be overwhelming. After all, no single person can be an insurance adjuster, financer, medical expert and legal professional all at once. At Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger, our Injury Lawyers in Modesto can use a team of professionals across multiple disciplines to protect and uphold your rights.
No Fees Unless We Win!
Our law firm represent all personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, which means that we charge no attorney fees unless we get you results. Our California-based personal injury attorneys serve Modesto, Fresno, Stockton, Sacramento, Fremont, Redding and surrounding areas. A vast majority of our personal injury clients have been recommended to us by past clients we have successfully represented. Put us to work getting answers and obtaining results for you.
Small Firm With Large Firm Results
Skilled, Resolute & Knowledgeable Legal Counsel
Focused on Protecting Your Interests
Local and Personalized Service