Count On Our Team to Protect Your Interests
DOG BITE ATTORNEY MODESTO, CA
Pet owners in California have a strict liability for their animal’s actions. That means that if a dog bites and injures someone, the pet owner may be held liable for compensating the victim for medical costs, lost earnings, and intangible financial losses such as inconvenience and pain.
If you or your child has been bitten by a dog, or suffered an injury in any kind of attack by someone’s pet, call the personal injury litigation team at Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger right away. In many instances of dog bites, the victim knows the dog’s owner and may be concerned about filing a claim that may have a significant financial impact. In the majority of dog bite cases, the pet owner’s insurance covers the full extent of compensation. In such cases, we handle the matter discreetly and professionally, ensuring that you are treated fairly for your damages.
Most people don’t know what to do after being bitten by a dog or other pet animal.
Here are some tips to help you protect your rights.
- If you haven’t already done so, seek medical attention immediately. Even if the bite or scratch doesn’t seem serious, infection and other diseases may occur. Follow the doctor’s treatment plan, including all prescription medication.
- Make notes about the situation that led to the dog bite or attack. Make sure you record everything you can remember about witnesses who may have been present. If you have the witnesses’ contact information, record it.
- Report the attack or bite to the local police as soon as you are able. Give a detailed, accurate report.
- Seek the advice and representation of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- The animal’s owner may try to contact you to negotiate a settlement. Do not engage in any negotiations, even if you are a friend or relative of the owner.
“This firm exemplifies how a multi-faceted group of attorneys can work together to achieve positive results.”
- James M.