Count On Our Team to Protect Your Interests
Bicycle Accident in Central Valley, CA
Bicycle accidents can happen anywhere, on mountain roads, on small sparsely traveled country roads and on busier streets in towns. Bike injuries are generally far more serious because bicyclists have no protection between themselves and the impact of a metal car. In essence, bikes never win with cars.
Our firm, the law office of Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger in Modesto, California, is frequently called upon to represent clients who have been seriously injured in bicycle accidents that were not their fault. We are a small team of experienced trial lawyers, with a core area of practice centering on helping accident injury victims recover compensation for their injuries and other damages.
The lawyers at Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger have more than over 100 years of combined legal experience. We are aggressive advocates who are dedicated to helping our clients receive the best possible outcome. We want to hear about your situation. To learn more about how we can help, call us at (209) 340-1110 or contact us online.
The Most Common Bicycle Injuries
Even when wearing helmets, bicyclists have little protection from motor vehicles on Modesto roadways. When hit, bike riders often suffer serious and sometimes fatal injuries. The most common bicycle injuries are as follows:
- Broken clavicle
- Broken arms or legs
- Fractures to the hand or elbow
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial injuries, including damage to the nose, jaw or teeth
- Brain injuries such as a concussion or other closed head wound
- Dislocated joints
- Nerve damage
Our attorneys will thoroughly prepare your case to see to it that you receive the compensation you deserve to cover medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Hazards for Bicyclists on Modesto Roadways
Far too many bicyclists traveling on Modesto’s extensive bikeway system are injured each year due to negligent car, truck and bus drivers. All too often motor vehicle drivers do not pay close enough attention to their environment or do not respect the rights of cyclists on the road. There are a variety of hazards for bicyclists traveling roadways, including:
- Intersections: Car-bike crashes at intersections are common. Left- or right-turning motor vehicles may try to pass ahead of, overtake or simply do not look out for bicyclists entering the intersections.
- Dooring: Drivers and passengers who don’t look for oncoming bike traffic often open car doors in front of cyclists. Bicyclists who cannot avoid the car door may suffer serious injuries.
- Side-swiping: Bike riders who are traveling in bike lanes face a continual threat of passing drivers hitting them as they ride. This happens most often with extra-wide vehicles, such as those pulling trailers or those with extended mirrors on the side of the vehicle.
- Rear-ending: Cyclists face some of their greatest dangers when they are preparing to turn left and must merge across traffic to get into the left-hand turn lane. Drivers who are traveling too fast or refuse to slow down and share the road with bicyclists often cause serious and even fatal injuries.
- Dog attacks: People riding bicycles often suffer serious injuries when they are attacked by dogs.
Limited Time to File
You Have a Limited Time to File a Bicycle Accident Claim — Call Now In California, there are limits to when you can file a bicycle accident or wrongful death claim. According to California Code of Civil Procedure §335.1, you only have two years from the time of the accident to bring a lawsuit against a negligent party. The time limit for government and other public entities is even shorter. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, it is important to hire skilled legal representation now.
Call the attorneys at Swingle, Van Egmond & Heitlinger today at (209) 340-1110 or use our online form to send us an e-mail.
“This firm exemplifies how a multi-faceted group of attorneys can work together to achieve positive results.”- James M.
We fight tirelessly to make sure we gain the best possible results for our clients.
Broadside Motor Vehicle Accident
Recovered the policy limits when client was broadsided in an intersection.Read More
Recovered $3,300,000 in buy-out and settlement of minority business owners in breach of fiduciary duty obligations of entity management action.Read More
Recovered $1,200,000 in income producing property in family business dispute action alleging fraud and breach of fiduciary against majority owner family members wherein all income payments and distributions to client had ceased for multiple years.Read More
$8,500,000 recovery. Client was rear-ended on the freeway and suffered catastrophic injuries.Read More
Plaintiff was bitten on the hand by his employer’s dog.Read More
How Can We Help You?